VICKI M. WENGER
2 Whisper Lane, Malvern, PA 19355
25 Years of HR Experience at Fortune 500 Companies
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE / STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNER
Delivering transformational HR leadership to drive success of growth initiatives in diverse industries.
Proactive, business-minded HR leader with a dynamic career, building a talented workforce and steering major corporations through complex transitions. Proven expertise defining organizational structure and human capital requirements to align HR functions with business goals. Record of success serving as catalyst to optimize performance, enhance productivity, and drive revenue growth. Articulate communicator and skilled negotiator.
SIGNATURE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
Organizational Development Talent Management Employee Relations Training & Staff Development
Compensation & Benefits Succession Planning Strategic Planning & Business Analysis Business Partnering
Regulatory Compliance Change Management Committee Membership Staffing & Recruitment
|COZEN O'CONNOR - Philadelphia, PA ||2013|
|International law firm ranked #89 in size servicing corporate clients in a variety of practice areas, employing 1100 employees.|
CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Designed and implemented HR reorganization plan to maximize efficiency, and introduced a formal leadership
development program, to sharpen competitive edge. Developed firm's employee engagement strategy, beginning with
the senior leadership team, to include a common business goal & strategy. Designed and implemented new
disability and employee relocation policies, and continued work on revision of Employee Policy Manual to meet
changing business needs.
|COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. - Las Vegas, NV ||2003 - 2012|
|Third-largest cable entertainment and broadband services provider ranked #397 on the Fortune 500 prior to privatization.|
VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
Coordinated all HR strategic planning and implementation serving 1400 personnel. Managed team of HR professionals across
functional areas including Talent Acquisition & Retention, Employee Relations, Training & Organizational Development, Benefits &
Compensation, EEO/Affirmative Action, Safety, HRMS, and Payroll. Facilitated employee onboarding program. Directed leadership
development activities. Served on National Diversity Council.
- Received Vision Award nomination for achieving best bundle growth and rank as #1 sales organization company-wide 2 consecutive years (2010 and 2011) after executing new sales recruitment program.
- Recruited 50% of Senior Team Members resulting in surpassing operating cash flow budget by $32M in 2011 and beating budget by 8%.
- Achieved employee engagement score of 95% on 2011 Employee Survey exceeding company average in all survey categories.
- Directed initiative improving staff leadership development skills and streamlining operational procedures leading to best market share against RBOC competitors company-wide.
- Coordinated design and establishment of Local Diversity Council organizational structure enabling attainment of key diversity goals in marketing, supply chain, people, and public affairs.
|CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION - Bethpage, NY ||1987 - 2002|
|Leading telecommunications and entertainment provider in the New York region ranked #382 on the Fortune 500.|
AREA DIRECTOR, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (1999 - 2002)
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (1994 - 1999)
HR DIRECTOR (1990 - 1994)
HR MANAGER (1987 - 1990)
Began as HR Manager servicing 300 employees in generalist capacity; promoted to HR Director after few years while population grew steadily and significantly.
Managed 15+ HR professionals servicing 3600 employees across 13 locations in New Jersey. Developed company-wide HR policies and procedures as Regional Director. Served as Team Leader on key projects including creation of employee handbook, cultivation of job descriptions, and corrective action training as Area Director. Ensured compliance with federal and state employment laws.
- Facilitated integration initiatives following acquisition of Clearview Cinemas including standardization of company policies/procedures and introduction of Employee Relations (ER) program.
- Received multiple commendations for service quality after directing Employee Relations team in reductions in force activity across New York Metropolitan Area.
|IZOD LACOSTE (division of GENERAL MILLS, INC.) - New York, NY ||1980 - 1983|
|Major apparel designer and manufacturer. General Mills is ranked #169 on the Fortune 500.|
CORPORATE EMPLOYMENT MANAGER
Conceived and established staffing and recruitment guidelines. Authored internal policies and procedures covering staffing, promotions, transfers, terminations, and exit interviews. Provided counsel to Senior Management on employee relations, organizational development, and corrective action recommendations.
- Achieved significant annual savings and exceeded MIS staffing objectives 50% by developing and implementing multi-sourcing methodology.
PhD, Counseling Psychology program coursework - New York University, New York, NY
Completed 4 years of full-time program coursework and practicum (4.0 GPA)
MS, Counseling and Personnel Services - Fordham University, New York, NY
Degree received with full academic scholarship as Graduate Assistant (4.0 GPA)
BA, Psychology - Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ
Degree received with full academic scholarship and graduated Summa Cum Laude (3.85 GPA)
Professional Diploma program, Counseling Psychology - Fordham University, New York, NY
Completed semester of program coursework (4.0 GPA)
|Board, Southern Nevada Workforce Investment Board || ||Member, Society for HR Management (SHRM)|
|Board, Foundation for Independent Tomorrow (FIT) || ||Member, Southern Nevada HR Association (SNHRA)|